AUTUMN AND WINTER TENNIS
Following a break over the summer, Saturday Singles will start again on 1 September 2018. Start time 3pm and, weather permitting, will take place every Saturday over the winter and into the spring. Although, when the clocks go back in Autumn, the start time is brought forward to 1pm.
The format is simple, quick fire matches with sudden death deuce against different opponents. Its a great way to improve your all round game and fitness levels.
Its a turn up and play event, so there’s no need to let the organisers know in advance if your coming along. Just arrive at the club before the start time with your racket and you can be included in the schedule.
If you want to be added to the Saturday Singles mailing list, please contact Robbie Watt (email@example.com).
If you are not a full playing member yet, or you know someone who might be interested in joining we have plenty of opportunities for everyone and and it still only works out to £4 a week. Contact us at Tel 07761 602014 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beginners and Improvers – Register your interest for our Coaching Courses which are run by MDL Coaching email@example.com which are run during the day and evenings subject to demand or call Mark Love’s team on 07761 602014. Adult coaching will resume on Monday 10 September 2018. See Mark’s website http://www.mdlcoaching.net
- Match Players – we have 4 mens teams and 3 ladies teams who play in the Surrey Leagues plus mixed and friendly matches. Ladies match practice is on Wednesday evenings and mens on Tuesday evenings
- Social Double Players – we run rota’d sessions on Monday and Thursday Evenings and a walk up session on Sunday mornings
- Daytime social doubles players – with Ladies sessions on Wednesday Mornings and mens on Thursday mornings
- Parent Members – we have special rates for parents who want to be able to play tennis with their children
- Disability Tennis – we run special sessions and these resume on Friday 14th September – 1830-1930hrs
Social Members – And, of course, we have Social Membership for those who just want to enjoy our spacious and comfortable clubhouse with a fully licensed bar offering excellent choice and value for money along with a regular series of social events.
Junior Coaching resumes from Saturday 8th September
Holiday Tennis at the club was very well attended over the last 6 weeks and credit must go to all MDL coaches who ran these sessions and gave the kids a great morning of tennis each day and for the teenagers 2 great afternoons of tennis every Tuesday and Thursday.
As usual, we will be running social events for the juniors and details will be sent out once the new season is underway.
We are delighted to welcome our new coach Brendan Wiseglass to the Coaching team. Brendan has many years of tennis Coaching experience and proved very popular with the kids at the camps. If you wish to book a lesson with Brendan please email MDL and we will pass on his details to you firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pam’s next quiz night is scheduled to take place on the evening of 6th October 2018.
- The bar will be open from 1900hrs with the quiz starting at 1930hrs.
- Fish and chips can be ordered through Pam but you are welcome to bring your own pudding and / or snacks.
- 6 people per team. As only one person in each team needs to be a member you are welcome to invite your friends.
- If you’d like to take part, or want any more information, please contact Pam Hart (email@example.com).
NEW VACUUM CLEANER
The club has invested in a new vacuum cleaner, which is kept behind the bar. Anyone can use it – if you feel the bar or kitchen area would benefit from a quick vacuuming, feel free to test it out. Please look after it and put it back behind the bar after use so it us convenient for others to use. Most importantly, do not leave it in the disabled toilet.
YOUR PURLEY BURY MANAGEMENT BOARD