Great news, the work on renewing the courts and lights has been completed and on schedule. The courts look great (they will be painted in the spring) and will be available for use from this coming Saturday, 16 November. Robbie will be putting out a message to the WhatsApp Group for Saturday Singles as usual, and the courts will be available for Sunday morning tennis. Rota tennis, Match Practice and Wednesday and Thursday morning ladies and mens will be back to normal next week. Geoff Green will have new tokens available before rota tennis on Monday, and they will be available for purchase from the bar as usual after that. It will also be possible to exchange any of the old tokens you may have.
Junior Coaching sessions resume on our courts from this Saturday (16th) and Junior Night returns from Friday 22nd November
You will see that work on refurbishing the bar led by Alison and Sarah is nearing completion, and also work on the top building led by Lorenzo and supported by Mark and Michael. This combined with the work on the courts has involved a huge amount of work by the Management Team, and Michael especially. Many of you have helped, but there is still more to be done to finish off the work in time for the celebrations on Friday 29 November. Please support Dave Winton’s working party on the grounds on Saturday morning 16 November 0900-1200hrs and respond to Alison’s requests for help with the work on the bar.
We are looking forward to you joining us on the 29th at our celebratory event to showcase your new look club. There are lots of exciting activities planned and we hope you will be able to come. A schedule of the evening’s events is below for your information and we hope to have guests from our grant providers, sponsors, contractors, and The LTA in attendance for the toast, so it would be great to have a good turnout.
- Free Junior Tennis: 5-6pm
- Kids Games: From 6pm
- Chairman’s Toast 6.20-6.30
- Kids Table tennis from: 6.30 onwards
- Free Disability Tennis: 6.30-7.30
- Adult Tennis Tournament 7.30-8.30 (please register your interest with Mark Love email@example.com before the event to be included)
- 8pm til late Music, Drinks and food in the Bar!
We need your help to make the event a success…If you are coming along and able to help on the evening, please see the details of ways you can help below. If you are unable to come but could still help out with some of the things we need to make the event a success, please get in touch with Alison – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Needed for 29th:
- Set up crew / clear up crew (before 6pm on Friday and after the event Friday evening / Saturday morning)
- Barstaff – shifts available between 5-late
- Kids Games / Table Tennis helpers from 6-7.30
- Donations of Hot food (Veg / Meat Chilli / Baked Potatoes / etc) – food to be kept hot in slow cookers, for self serve
- Loan of Slow cookers – to keep food warm at event
- Donations of Cakes / Desserts
YOUR PURLEY BURY MANAGEMENT BOARD