Reopening Wednesday 2 December 2020
The great news is that we are able to reopen our courts for play as from Wednesday 2 December 2020 on the same basis as before the lockdown i.e. organised and pre-booked play only, the rule of six, social distancing etc. Please note we are reverting to providing 3 balls per court for club sessions. Our buildings will remain closed except for access required for operational reasons or in emergencies. The bar may operate a takeaway service at Robbie’s discretion. You will find full details of our rules during the COVID-19 pandemic at the end of this newsletter. Please comply with them and stay safe.
All MDL coaching sessions are back up and running from Wednesday 2/12. Any players not currently involved in the programme should get in touch and Mark will try and find you a suitable group. You will find details of Super Fridays below and we hope to have the bar open for takeaways. There are also details of Holiday Tennis and Xmas Camps.
Many thanks to Dave Winton for cutting the top hedge, the bush by the coach’s office and the grass, not to mention sweeping up 5 bags of leaves off the decking, patio and paths, all without being asked. It would be a great help if others could spare an hour to help tidy up the club from time to time when you see something that needs doing (subject to COVID-19 rules).
Congratulations to all our winners in the tournament:
Men’s Champion – Ryan Harper-Bermejo
Ladies’ Champion – Danielle Hayter
Ladies’ Doubles Champions – Danielle Hayter and Amy Love
Mixed Doubles Champions – Nathan Ascott and Danielle Hayter
Men’s Plate – Luke Zakrzewski
Men’s Doubles Plate – Robbie Watt and Lyk Calligeris
Mixed Doubles Plate – Robbie Watt and Becca Balcombe
TO BE PLAYED
Ladies’ Singles Plate
Ladies’ Doubles Plate
Thank you to all who participated and special thanks to Nathan for his heroic efforts to organise the tournament and get the matches played in difficult circumstances
Super Fridays, Holiday Tennis and Xmas Camps
SUPER FRIDAYS ARE BACK FROM 4/12 at Purley Bury LTC
Our SUPER FRIDAYS ARE BACK with something for everyone.
9am-10.30am – Club members’ coaching session with Mark Love. £10 per session to be paid after the session. If you wish to come along, please text Mark on 07761 602014 and he will add you to the WhatsApp group.
11am-12pm – OVER 50s FREE COACHING session with Mark Love and Danielle Hayter. To reserve your place please book here: MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
4pm-5pm – Junior Night for our younger players aged between 4yrs – 10yrs. This is a pay-and-play session and is aimed at anyone in the local community who has an interest in tennis. BOOK HERE: MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
5pm-5.45pm – FREE tennis coaching. Sessions for children with a disability with LTA-accredited coaches and volunteers. BOOK HERE: MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
5.45pm-6.30pm – FREE tennis coaching. Sessions for adults with a disability with LTA-accredited coaches and volunteers. BOOK HERE: MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
6.30pm-7.30pm – Junior Night for our older juniors aged 10yrs – 17yrs. Sessions will be varied each week and run by our team of coaches and parent volunteers. There is no charge for members but non-members can attend for £5 each week to be paid on the night. BOOK HERE: MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
HOLIDAY TENNIS & XMAS CAMPS BOOKABLE VIA THE MDL APP FROM TUESDAY 1 DECEMBER
Monday 21/12–Thursday 24/12 – Places are limited so please book early.
A REMINDER – COVID Pandemic Club Rules
- If you are symptomatic or living in a household with someone else who has a possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection, you should remain at home and not come to the Club.
- Avoid congregating on or around the court or on the veranda before and after playing to allow access for others, and maintain social distancing of at least two metres from others (including when taking breaks and before and after play). Arrive changed and ready to play as near your scheduled start time as possible. Access courts 4 & 5 via the gate by the car park, and courts 1, 2 and 3 via the gate by the tea room.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 please provide the following information to the Club via any member of the management team or the Club phone number, 07761 602014 (Mark Love) or 07971 291688 (Sarah Wilson) or the Club email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- your name and contact details (these will be kept confidential).
- the date when you took the test.
- the last date you visited PBTC prior to your test – You can also use the Club’s NHS QS code on the kitchen window to record your attendance at the Club.
- the activities you were involved in at the Club.
- the locations you were in at the Club.
- All the Club’s buildings are closed and in the interests of your safety must not be used except by authorised members for operational purposes such as collecting balls and turning on floodlights or in emergencies. If you do have a legitimate reason to access the kitchen area or toilets, please ensure you lock the kitchen door when you leave. It is not acceptable to congregate in the kitchen. Access to the bar is not permitted at any time without permission from Robbie Watt who is responsible for the bar.
You will find our full guidance on the Club Website at http://purleyburytennisclub.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Tennis-Rules-for-play-3-June-2020.pdf
We hope that, by ensuring we all stick to the measures the Club has in place, we can all continue to enjoy our tennis at PBTC.
Your Purley Bury Management Team