2023 AGM – 7.30pm Wednesday 1 March in the Clubhouse
This year’s AGM will be held at 8pm on Wednesday 1 March in the Clubhouse and we hope many of you will be able to join in.
It will be preceded at 7.30pm by a First Aid presentation from member Corinne Fernandes on what action to take if a member or visitor should collapse while at the Club – now that we have a defibrillator on site. We hope as many of you as possible will attend Corinne’s presentation. The more people who know what to do in an emergency, the better. All the Management Team will be attending.
If you are unable to attend, please feel free to submit any questions you may have or any views you wish to express via the Club email address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure they are taken into account.
You will find below the agenda, which includes:
- Proposition for subscriptions
- Proposition for new furniture for the veranda
- The accounts for 2022, the budget for 2023, the draft Trustees’ Report for 2023, the 2023/24 PBTC Plan and the minutes of the 2022 AGM.
We will also be holding votes on the propositions, the accounts, the budget and the reappointment of Trustees.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday 1 March 2023 at 7.30pm.
Your Purley Bury Management Board
7.30pm Presentation from Corinne Fernandes on what to do in an emergency if someone collapses at the Club
1. Confirm meeting process and quoracy
2. Minutes of previous AGM.
3. Trustees’ Report – Robbie Watt
4. Captains’ Reports
– Nathan Ascott
– Chris Backway
– Amy Love
5. Coach’s Report – Mark Love
6. Treasurer’s Report – David Stantiall
– Accounts for 2022 and budget for 2023
– Vote to accept the accounts
– Vote to approve Trustees Report
7. Purley Bury Plan and Budget – David Stantiall and John Davey
– Budget and financial context
– Purley Bury Plan
8. Membership Secretary’s Report – Sarah Wilson
– Membership and subs received 2022/23
– Subs proposed for 2023/24 – see details below
9. Maintenance Co-ordinator’s Report – Katherine Willis
10. Proposal for new veranda furniture – see details below- Nik Balzer
11. Bar Manager’s Report and Social – Robbie Watt and Nik Balzer
12. Approval of budget and Purley Bury Plan
13. Any other business
– Election of Trustees: John Davey and David Stantiall
Membership Subscription Proposals 2023/24
We propose to hold some subscription rates at their 2022 level, and to increase others, as follows:
|Old Subscription||New Subscription|
|Two Full Adults living at the same address can get a discount with a combined rate of|
|(*Two-stage payment available for families paying over £300)|
|Parent Family Membership||£120||£130|
|Membership for 2 parents to play with two children (additional kids £10)|
|Junior 11 to 18||£55||£55|
|Social (PBTC Social Ltd)||£20||£20|
Veranda furniture proposal
We propose to buy 16 grey rattan bar stools and matching small bar-height tables for the Club House veranda. These will enable members to have a better view of the tennis while enjoying a drink from the bar. The height of the tables will be below that of the railing to avoid any spillages or droppages falling off the veranda.
We also propose to buy two heavy, hardwood teak, circular eight-seater tables with built-in benches for the patio, plus two ordinary benches. These have a 10-year guarantee.
The quotes we have obtained come to £4,840 (see below), so we are proposing a budget of £5,000.
Papers for 2023 AGM
2023 AGM 2022 Purley Bury Tennis Club DRAFT Trustees ReportPDF
2023 AGM draft CIO balance sheet Dec 2022
2023 AGM draft CIO I&E dec 2022
2023 AGM 2023-24 Purley Bury Tennis Club PlanPDF
2023 AGM Draft CIO Budget 2023
Purley Bury Tennis Club