MDL Coaching was established in 2002 and has been providing tennis coaching to adults and children of all ages and standards of play. All sessions are geared up to be FUN, CHALLENGING, PROGRESSIVE, COMPETITIVE & A GREAT WAY TO MEET NEW FRIENDS.
We encourage all of our older junior tennis players to help out with our tennis programmes including our disability sessions which are hugely rewarding. We also encourage our older juniors to join in with adult club sessions and team practice.
Adults: coaching for anyone new to the game, for players of all standards and for those who want to recap with a few tips so they can play better.
- Individual coaching and shared lessons
- Adult group coaching – Rusty Rackets on a Monday night
- Adult daytime coaching
Disability Tennis Session
This is a FREE tennis coaching session that takes place – Kids disability 5.15pm-6pm and adult disability 6pm-6.45pm – each Friday at the club. The session is run by 2 LTA qualified tennis coaches from MDL COACHING who are assisted by many volunteers from the tennis club. We are able to give players attending special attention, so that they can get the most out of the session. To book a place or for more information please call Head Coach Mark Love on 07761 602014.
Purley Bury Tennis Club disabled coaching is generously supported by The Dan Maskell Trust.
Juniors: We cater for players aged from 4yrs and upwards at the tennis club. We encourage all our parents to join the tennis club in order to play tennis with their children. Sessions are available Monday to Saturday both after school and a Saturday morning..
- Coaching is available for children aged 4 years to 10 years through our Mini TOTS and Mini Tennis Programme
- Children aged 11 years and over will play YELLOW ball and are grouped depending on age and ability.
- During every School Holidays, Tennis Camps are organised. Visit mdlcoaching.com for more details.
Friday Junior / Teenager Club night
- JUNIOR CLUB NIGHT: 4pm-5pm – Supervised coaching session by head coach Mark Love for our very youngest of players. Children can attend from the age of 4 yrs and this session is aimed at those in Nursery, KS1 and KS2. Cost £5 per session (pay & play) Book on here – MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
- TEENAGER CLUB NIGHT: 5pm-6pm Supervised by coach and assistants and is on a pay and play basis for non members and free for members. This is a Yellow ball session and aimed at children aged 10yrs-16yrs. Book on here – MDL COACHING / Coaching / Summary (lta.org.uk)
ABOVE SESSIONS RUN IN THE TERM TIME ONLY
JUNIOR TENNIS COACHING PROGRAMMES
MINI TENNIS (Red/Orange/Green) (4yrs –
JUNIOR COACHING (10yrs – 18yrs) – For children who can play on a full sized court. Technique, tactics, coordination and mental skills developed through a fun coaching programme.
SQUAD (U12 or U18) – Sessions by invitation only, aimed at juniors competing in tournaments and teams. To be considered, please contact Mark Love on 07761 602014.
ACADEMY – Juniors from local clubs by invitation.
Please note: Lessons will run whatever the weather, either indoors in the Top Building for mini tennis or as a video analysis session in the coaching block so you get the most out of your tennis lessons. Players should wear warm clothes during winter months as the weather is normally dry but a little cold.
Lessons include use of floodlights when needed at no extra cost.
Are you interested in coaching or joining PBTC?
Please click on the button to the right for the form to join Purley Bury and Mark Love’s Coaching Programme at Purley Bury for the current year.